The Archaeological Museum of Karystos is housed in the west wing of the Giokaleion Foundation building, (legacy of the benefactor Nikolaos Giokalas – built on Maximilianou Square in 1959). The building also houses a library and a theatre hall.
The local archeological department organizes guided tours of the Archaeological Museum, while both the library and the theatre operate under the supervision of the municipality of Karystos.
- The archaeological collections include:
- Sculptures from the wider area of Karystos (Classical-Hellenistic-Roman era)
- Archaeological finds from the site of the Dragon houses (Mt Ochi and Styra area)
- Inscriptions from the wider area of Karystos
- Clay figurines from different areas around Karystos.